Gerry Atrick

Default WORD 97 - ENVELOPES

I am using Word 97. Is there any way to change the line spacing when using
the TOOLS/Envelopes and Labels option, please? I can see how to change
Font, and how to set the offset from left and top in Delivery Address etc.
but I cannot see any line spacing option.

Michael

Anne Troy

Try a template instead, Michael.
http://www.theofficeexperts.com/word...s&LabelsTricks
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message
I am using Word 97. Is there any way to change the line spacing when using
the TOOLS/Envelopes and Labels option, please? I can see how to change
Font, and how to set the offset from left and top in Delivery Address etc.
but I cannot see any line spacing option.

Michael

Gerry Atrick

"Anne Troy" wrote in message

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message
..

Many thanks Anne. I'll give that a try.

Michael

Gerry Atrick

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Right-click on the address in the Envelopes dialog and choose Paragraph.

You

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message
I am using Word 97. Is there any way to change the line spacing when

Hi Suzanne - that is exactly the sort of advice I was looking for, but
regrettably on my version of Word it does not work. In the Labels section
of the dialog box it does work, but in the Envelopes section the only
options available when I right click are CUT, COPY , PASTE and FONT.
Thanks nevertheless - always nice to hear from you.

Michael

Gerry Atrick

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Ah, in that case you need to modify the Envelope Address style.

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Right-click on the address in the Envelopes dialog and choose

Paragraph.
You

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message
I am using Word 97. Is there any way to change the line spacing

when

Hmmm - please Miss, may I ask how to do this? Can't find a style called

Envelope Address. Oh dear, will I never get on top of Word?

Michael

On the Format menu, select Style. In the Style dialog, make sure that "All
styles" is selected, then scroll down to Envelope Address. Click Modify,
then Format | Paragraph and make your desired changes. Be sure to check the
"Add to template" box if you want this modified style used in all new
documents.

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Ah, in that case you need to modify the Envelope Address style.

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Right-click on the address in the Envelopes dialog and choose

Paragraph.
You

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message
I am using Word 97. Is there any way to change the line spacing

when

Hmmm - please Miss, may I ask how to do this? Can't find a style

called
Envelope Address. Oh dear, will I never get on top of Word?

Michael

Gerry Atrick

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Ah, in that case you need to modify the Envelope Address style.

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

Very many thanks, Suzanne. Appreciate your help. You make it all so
simple!!!!!

Michael

It's actually simpler in Word 97 (where you can still easily access the
Format Style dialog) than in Word 2002/2003, although I recently discovered
that in Word 2003 at least, Style... (which accesses the dialog) is on many
of the context (shortcut, right-click) menus.

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Ah, in that case you need to modify the Envelope Address style.

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

Very many thanks, Suzanne. Appreciate your help. You make it all so
simple!!!!!

Michael

Gerry Atrick

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It's actually simpler in Word 97 (where you can still easily access the

Well,that answers another question I have been asking myself recently -
should I upgrade to a more modern version of Word? Think I'll stick to the
simple version.

Michael