Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CharlieB CharlieB is offline

Default Page Numbering A Report

I posted this some time ago but have not resolved my problem - have looked at
the various tutorials / solutions with no success.

The document has 30 pages & 15 sections. Page 1 of the numbering needs to
start on the 4th page of the document in the bottom right. Each page except
the first (Title Page) has a header & footer.

Thanks for your assistance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Charlie

Here are the steps you need to follow:
1 Make sure your 4th page follows a Section break.
2 On your 4th page, open the footer and, using the header/footer toolbar, make sure the 'Same as Previous' is not set.
3 Using the header/footer toolbar, insert a page number field.
4. Select the page number field and, using the header/footer toolbar, format the page number to start at 1
5. Right-align the page number, via either a tab or paragraph formatting
6. For each of the remaining sections, make sure their footer is set to 'Same as Previous' - unless they need a different footer, in
which case you'll need to repeat the step3 and format the page number to 'Continue from previous section'.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]