Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
RJB

Default Portable Templates

My templates are all on a desktop, and I modify them frequently.

I also use a laptop a lot, sometimes in the network (conference room, etc.)
and sometimes on the road.

I mapped the folder that contains the templates as a Network Drive, and set
that to be my "User Templates" in File Locations. So far so good.

But what to do when on the road?

I created a suitcase, and set that up as "Workgroup Templates" in File
Locations - thinking that I'd have a live backup of templates, but would only
use it when outside the network... But Word doesn't "find" it, it reverts to
some other "Normal.dot".

Anybody else licked this problem?

Thanks!