jenn

Default huge text file

I succeeded in grabbing the gl ledger for fiscal 2005, but my text document
is 65,000 pages because it has a huge header that is has captured on every
page. I try to do find and replaces to pull out some of the info, but it
drags and freezes every time. How can I get this into a shorter readable
form. I don't need to do anything with it, but give to people to LOOK at...
I tried to export to Excel, but it capped because it wouldn't fit in 65000
lines... I haven't seen how many pages it really is because it freezes...
Anne Troy

I would record a macro of myself doing the find and replace maybe 10 times
then save the file. Put the macro on a toolbar button. Keep running the
macro. You could likely click the button 30 times and walk away while it
catches up. Not idea, but after while, you should be able to just
find/replace the rest of them. Record a macro:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

news