Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
HenrikU HenrikU is offline

Default Two different headers with the same footer in same document

I have tried to create a template in Word 2003, where the first page has a
different header than the rest of the pages, but all pages including page 1
have the same footer (page x of y).

I used section breaks to start a new page and defined the header for page 2
and onwards, and all that looked just fine when I viewed it on my screen, but
the problem occurs when I insert text from another document in the template.
I tried copy/paste and insert document but the problem remains.

I get the same header (the one from page 1) on all pages except the last
page (which is blank).

I tried different types of section breaks, but nothing seems to work. I have
followed the offline help in Word to the letter. Can anyone help me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Don't use a section break. Instead, check the box for "Different first page"
and put your first page header content in the First Page Header. You'll have
to duplicate the Footer content in the First Page Footer.

"HenrikU" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
HenrikU HenrikU is offline

Tried that, but unfortunately it didn't work. I managed to solve the problem
using a combination of section breaks and Different first page, but now I'm
facing another problem. When I copy a text into my template, I get a blank
last page, which I'm unable to erase.

How can I solve this? I've tried over and over again.

"HenrikU" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There is no reason why this should not work. The problem is not with the
template itself but with the way you're pasting text. If you paste text that
includes a section break or the final paragraph mark of a document (which
also holds section/document formatting), then you're bringing the formatting
of that section/document with the pasted text.

Moreover, the blank page is caused by your having a section break in the
template; when you paste text into the first page, it's all going into the
first section; there's no way to make it spill over to the second section.
This is why I said to omit the section break.

news