Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
James James is offline

Default how do I set page x of y for a section rather than the whole doc

how do I set page x of y for a section rather than the whole doc.
ie: a 36 page doc has 3 sections of 12 pages each. I want section 2 to begin
with page 1 of 12. I must have a page number for the whole doc
the footer might read "page 13 (page 1 of 12 in section 2)"

Is this possible?
--
James

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
James James is offline

Default how do I set page x of y for a section rather than the whole d

It is not the {SectionPages} field that is the problem. It is the {Page}
field. Is there section equivilent?
--
James

"James" wrote in message
how do I set page x of y for a section rather than the whole doc.
ie: a 36 page doc has 3 sections of 12 pages each. I want section 2 to
begin
with page 1 of 12. I must have a page number for the whole doc
the footer might read "page 13 (page 1 of 12 in section 2)"

Is this possible?
--
James

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
James James is offline

Thanks, but let me go back and clarify my original post.
I must have a page number for the whole doc "page 13" AND a footer with
sectionread "(page 1 of 12 in section 2)"

If I restart page numbers it resets the page number to 1.

--
James