Full path of the file is too long error message

Old August 29th 08, 10:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeR-Oz

Default Full path of the file is too long error message

Error message when I try to open a Word 2003 file on a stand alone PC that I
have created- How to fix please?

The full path of the file 'Ass.........-.......' is too long. Please try
using the 'Map Network drive' command to connect to the server to shorten the
path.

Regards

Mike
Old August 29th 08, 10:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell

Paths can only be 255 characters (which includes invisible drive letters or
mapping).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Old January 2nd 11, 12:17 AM
alan.larky alan.larky is offline

Smile

i also have faced the same problme and following software sort out my problem

longPathTool.com

Little features of this softwares a

Path too long.
Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk.
Cannot delete file: Access is denied.
There has been a sharing violation.
Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long.
Specify a different file name.
The source or destination file may be in use.
The file is in use by another program or user.
Error Deleting File or Folder
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
Path too deep.