How to inherit color from one style to another

Old December 27th 19, 07:34 PM
Amanda Allen Amanda Allen is offline

Default How to inherit color from one style to another

I have a style which I change to font color when I start a new document. Now I need a way to have that font color to also be the font color on another style without changing the font and size.

How can a do this?
Old December 27th 19, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

A brute-force way to do it would be to copy a character (or a whole word!)
in the color you like from the old document and paste it into the new
document; then in the new document look at how the color is described in
the Font panel (select the character and press Ctrl-D). It might be one
of the hundred-odd characters in the standard array, or you might need
to go deeper and find the numbers to type for the three color "labels"
that Word uses to identify colors. Then duplicate that information in
the Font panel for your other style(s).