how do I copy text when the copy icon has been "greyed" out?

Old January 7th 07, 12:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelvyn

Default how do I copy text when the copy icon has been "greyed" out?

I'm trying to copy text in MS Word but the copy & select icons are greyed
out, is there any way to overcome this?
Old January 7th 07, 04:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

You need to select something first.

Old January 7th 07, 10:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelvyn

It won't allow me to, as the icon is "greyed out"

I can only assme it is a read only file but is there any way of overcoming
this to copy the text?