Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bnw401 bnw401 is offline

Default Normal View Shrunk by 30 percent

The normal view suddenly shrunk down by 30 percent. I clicked all the "view"
buttons on the bottom and nothing would return the document to regular size!

I thought that some view button was changed, but I printed out a page and it
was reduced, too. The font says 12pt, but it prints at about 9pts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bnw401 bnw401 is offline

the answer to your query is "YES- Many" . I would be interested in hearing
where this question is leading, but I think I know what happened.

I was in in print preview mode and I hit the "Shrink to Fit" button instead
of the page setup button. It wasn't intentional, so I forgot to mention it in
the question. I've used "Shrink to Fit" in Word Perfect often, so I wasn't
concerned.

It seems that Word has a different slant on this function and you can't
ignore it. I did not know I had to "Undo" immediately or else the file would
be saved in the shrunken mode and not be recoverable back to regular size!!!
(or at least that is what the help file says.)

Because I am being FORCED to learn Word, I was working on a test copy of the
file. The original is intact.

Thanks for the response.
Bill

"bnw401" wrote in message
The normal view suddenly shrunk down by 30 percent. I clicked all the

"view"
buttons on the bottom and nothing would return the document to regular

size!

I thought that some view button was changed, but I printed out a page and

it
was reduced, too. The font says 12pt, but it prints at about 9pts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you are using Word 2002 or 2003, the presence of comments and tracked
changes causes Word to allow extra margin space for the "balloons" (unless
you have them disabled), and the document prints this way, even pages
containing no comments or tracked changes, unless you either select Final
view rather than Final Showing Markup or select Document rather than
Document with Markup in the Print dialog.

None of this, however, would affect the display in Normal view, where
tracked changes are shown, as in the past, with underlining, strikethrough,
and other formatting selected by the user.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Does the document contain comments or tracked changes?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.