Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
yellowhouse1976 yellowhouse1976 is offline

Default Inserting PP Slides into Word

Hi

I am running Office 2003 on XP and I do a lot of design work in Powerpoint.
I find that the best way to keep my designs as intended is to do a screen
shot of them and then drop the image into whatever Word document I am working
on. I then crop the screen shot leaving just the image. This works well but
due to the quality of the printers I have to use the image can become a
little fuzzy round the edges.

I was thinking that if there was a way to save the screen shot as a jpg or
similar then this might alleviate the problem. I have tried to copy the
screen shot into Picture Manager and then crop and save but it doesnt seem to
work. Does anyone know if this can be done either in Picture Manager or
another free MS programme?

Failing that any suggestions on how best to get complicated designs done in
Powerpoint into other formats such as Word. I have tried the 'Grouping'
option but it is weak and does stay together as intended. I have also tried
the option for sending slides images to Word but it is messy and the image
quality is actually better by doing a screen shot.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

In Powerpoint, File, Send to, Microsoft Office Word. You will now see several
options, I usually use the top one (default). The newly created Word document
will have the slides within a borderless table. You can now copy these images
into your working document as required.
The quality is not to bad and the images don't bloat the Word file size too
much.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"yellowhouse1976" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

I also like to import slides from PowerPoint into Word, but the method I have
found gives me the best quality is to Select All (Ctrl-A) in PP, group the
objects, and copy the grouped image. Then in Word, I use Paste Special (under
the Edit manu) to paste the image as "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)." The
Enhanced Metafile has consistently given me the best quality of any of the
options available.

Then after I've pasted the picture into Word, I always right-click it and
use Format Picture to put it in line with text.

The quality is MUCH better than the bitmap you get when you do a screen shot.

Fred

"yellowhouse1976" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Have you tried using PPT's File Save As, selecting one of the image formats
to save one or more slides as pictures, then using Insert Picture in Word?
http://presentationsoft.about.com/od...ave_as_jpg.htm

Another option -- though not free -- is SnagIt, if you prefer to take screen
shots. For US $50 it's a great tool & offers a 30 day free trial.
http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp

You can also try Google or sites like VersionTracker.com or CNet.com for
other screen capture software.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"yellowhouse1976" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

I've tried saving my PowerPoint slides as JPGs, but I don't particularly like
that option. It saves the entire slide as an 8.5 x 11 JPG that I usually end
up having to crop extensively. Most of the time when I'm creating pictures in
PowerPoint, I don't fill the entire slide. By just selecting the objects I'm
working with, my image is no larger than it needs to be.

Fred