Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
katem katem is offline

Default How do I stop automatic deleting when i go back to edit?

I'm writing out a long outline very much in draft form, and when I go back to
edit or change anything Word is automatically deleting each character that
follows. For example, when I go back to to put a space before "the sky is
blue" the quotation mark is deleted by the space and if I try to replace the
letter "t" is also deleted and so on. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

Press the Ins key to switch from overwrite mode to insert mode.
--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"katem" wrote:

I'm writing out a long outline very much in draft form, and when I go back to
edit or change anything Word is automatically deleting each character that
follows. For example, when I go back to to put a space before "the sky is
blue" the quotation mark is deleted by the space and if I try to replace the
letter "t" is also deleted and so on. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You've managed to get into OverType mode -- most likely by accidentally
pressing the Insert key if using a version other than 2007 [version info is
always helpful]. Press Insert again or dbl-click the black OVR characters in
the Status Bar.

In 2007 see if the word Overtype appears in the Status Bar [Window Frame]...
if it does, click it. You may also want to right-click the Status Bar &
select the feature to turn it off.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones