Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bharat Bharat is offline

Default How does one open up a .rtf file? WORD will not let me.

How does one open up a .rtf file? WORD will not let me.
There are 3 persons in our office. The ability to open .rtf messages was
with all 3 of us. Then, 1 person could not, while teh other 2 could. Now My
own ability to open up .rtf files is also gone and ONLY 1 person in the
office can open the files.
These come to us from our customer. When the person who can open them files
them on his haed drive and then sends the files to us, we can also open the
files. Let me know soon.
--
Bharat
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't know what version of Word you have. You don't know what
happens when you try to open up a .rtf file in your unknown version of
Word. So an alternative method would be to open with Wordpad, which
comes with Windows, and then copy and paste to Word.