Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rasmus Rasmus is offline

Default Page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page

Hello.
What do I do with my page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page.
-(Page) at (SectionPages)-
Right now it says 1 to 1 beacause of the section breaks. I would like it to
be 1 to 5 ex.

My problem is that I have a title which is framed in 2 section breaks. Im
doing this because I write in columns and i dont want the title to be in
columns-format. The problem is so, that it counts the title of an independent
section and confuse the page number. How do I get it to count for a single
section?

Please Help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Instead of using section breaks around the title, I would probably put
the title in a borderless text box or frame with square text wrapping,
and make the text box or frame wide enough to span the page.

Rasmus wrote:
Hello.
What do I do with my page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page.
-(Page) at (SectionPages)-
Right now it says 1 to 1 beacause of the section breaks. I would like it to
be 1 to 5 ex.

My problem is that I have a title which is framed in 2 section breaks. Im
doing this because I write in columns and i dont want the title to be in
columns-format. The problem is so, that it counts the title of an independent
section and confuse the page number. How do I get it to count for a single
section?

Please Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That would certainly simplify things.

Alternatively, one could calculate the page count, for example using SET
fields and the relevant SECTIONPAGES field(s).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Rasmus wrote:
Hello.
What do I do with my page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page.
-(Page) at (SectionPages)-
Right now it says 1 to 1 beacause of the section breaks. I would like it
be 1 to 5 ex.

My problem is that I have a title which is framed in 2 section breaks. Im
doing this because I write in columns and i dont want the title to be in
columns-format. The problem is so, that it counts the title of an
independent section and confuse the page number. How do I get it to count
for a single section?

Please Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unfortunately, this doesn't work, or at least I couldn't get it to. Even if
you use a text box with "Top and Bottom" text wrapping, the content in the
first column above the text box continues in the first column below the text
box, then wraps to the second column above the text box. I really did think
this could be done with a text box (if not a frame), but I couldn't make it
work. The advantage to a frame, of course, would be that, whereas a heading
in a text box would be invisible to a TOC in versions before Word 2007, Word
*can* see text in a frame.

http://word.mvps.org

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Rasmus wrote:
Hello.
What do I do with my page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page.
-(Page) at (SectionPages)-
Right now it says 1 to 1 beacause of the section breaks. I would like it
be 1 to 5 ex.

My problem is that I have a title which is framed in 2 section breaks. Im
doing this because I write in columns and i dont want the title to be in
columns-format. The problem is so, that it counts the title of an
independent section and confuse the page number. How do I get it to count
for a single section?

Please Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, it works if the title is at the top of the page. But when I tried
it before posting my reply, I didn't think to see what would happen when
the title is moved down to the middle of the page somewhere as you did,
and you're right that my suggestion doesn't work when that happens.

Anyway, it would seem that Stefan Blom already answered this same
question that the OP posted three days ago at
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d0086abe830fb9
, so I guess we're all wasting our breath, time, and bandwidth here on
someone who ain't listening.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Unfortunately, this doesn't work, or at least I couldn't get it to. Even
if you use a text box with "Top and Bottom" text wrapping, the content
in the first column above the text box continues in the first column
below the text box, then wraps to the second column above the text box.
I really did think this could be done with a text box (if not a frame),
but I couldn't make it work. The advantage to a frame, of course, would
be that, whereas a heading in a text box would be invisible to a TOC in
versions before Word 2007, Word *can* see text in a frame.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, it works if the title is at the top of the page.

Exactly. I even have an article about that
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...panColumns.htm, based on my
experience with a four column newsletter that has a framed two-column
"nameplate" at the top of the first two columns. But I know I have also, now
that I think about it, discussed somewhere (probably in a NG post) the
difference in behavior between inserting any element that spans columns
(frame, text box, graphic) and inserting Continuous section breaks.

http://word.mvps.org

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...