twick

Default Showing change bars when tracking changes in Word 2002

I want to show change bars in the right margin for tracked changes but do NOT
want to show the changes themselves, to indicate that the para has changed.
When you go to the "track changes, show, options" submenu, you can
change/turn off the display of insertions and format changes but NOT
deletions. Therefore, when you show final with changes the DELETIONS still
show in the document. If you do not "show final with changes" then the
change bars do not show either. This function USED to be in earlier versions
of Word (97, 2000). My Office XP suite and Word 2002 are at the most current
SP and update status.

How can I show ONLY the change bars? Is there a workaround?
Daiya Mitchell

They changed the interface in Word 2002, but you can still get the function
back. See he
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/put_track_...k_on_track.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word