Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
zyzzyva zyzzyva is offline

Default Increasing Scrolling Speed

I use Word 2007

A neat feature I use to read documents is Scrolling: right click and hold
down the extreme right down arrow until it starts scrolling and the Word Doc
scrolls WITHOUT me holding down the right mouse button

Is there a way to adjust the speed of this Scroll?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

zyzzyva,
Hmm, right click does not work for me here. But I always use the
scrollwheel, click the scrollwheel, you a double arrow now move the mouse
upwards or downwards and the document starts to scroll, it scrolls faster
when you move away from the double arrow, slower when you move towards it.
In any case once it starts moving you can release the mouse.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"zyzzyva" schreef in bericht
I use Word 2007

A neat feature I use to read documents is Scrolling: right click and hold
down the extreme right down arrow until it starts scrolling and the Word
Doc
scrolls WITHOUT me holding down the right mouse button

Is there a way to adjust the speed of this Scroll?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Just press the down arrow key and you will scroll down: the mouse has
nothing to do with this. The speed of scrolling using the mouse is part of
the mouse setup. Go to the Control Panel and double-click the mouse applet.
You should find loads of settings depending on which mouse and driver you
are using.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"zyzzyva" wrote in message
I use Word 2007

A neat feature I use to read documents is Scrolling: right click and hold
down the extreme right down arrow until it starts scrolling and the Word
Doc
scrolls WITHOUT me holding down the right mouse button

Is there a way to adjust the speed of this Scroll?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Do you have a mouse wheel? What mouse is it?

The down arrow is a keyboard function. You can adjust the keyboard repeat
rate and repeat delay in the Keyboard applet of the Control Panel. The
faster the repeat rate, the faster the cursor will scroll down.

Terry

"zyzzyva" wrote in message
I use Word 2007

A neat feature I use to read documents is Scrolling: right click and
hold
down the extreme right down arrow until it starts scrolling and the
Word
Doc
scrolls WITHOUT me holding down the right mouse button

Is there a way to adjust the speed of this Scroll?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
zyzzyva zyzzyva is offline

I realize I hold down the left button of my Microsoft mouse

What I like to do is collect reading material from my RSS feeds and save
them in a Word 2007 doc for later reading

I increase the font to 72 so I can sit in my easy chair and read the
scrolling document, which I get by holding down the left button of my mouse a
few moments on the Vertical Scroll Bar on the left of my document

I accidentally discovered this Word feature and thoroughly enjoy it as well
as find it helpful to reading

Apparently, it is an undocumented feature of Word

"Luc" wrote:

zyzzyva,
Hmm, right click does not work for me here. But I always use the
scrollwheel, click the scrollwheel, you a double arrow now move the mouse
upwards or downwards and the document starts to scroll, it scrolls faster
when you move away from the double arrow, slower when you move towards it.
In any case once it starts moving you can release the mouse.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"zyzzyva" schreef in bericht
I use Word 2007

A neat feature I use to read documents is Scrolling: right click and hold
down the extreme right down arrow until it starts scrolling and the Word
Doc
scrolls WITHOUT me holding down the right mouse button

Is there a way to adjust the speed of this Scroll?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
zyzzyva zyzzyva is offline

First let me apologize for posting twice, but I am having internet issues

Okay, I am using a Microsoft Windows Optical Mouse 2000

I accidentally discovered this reading feature, which I use often

"Luc" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Have you installed the Intellipoint drivers? As Luc has said, one of its
features is that clicking the scroll wheel (that is pressing it down like a
button) whilst the pointer is around the centre of the page, will cause the
pointer to change two opposing arrows with a Dot between them. If you now
move the pointer up or down, only the up arrow displays and the page will
start to autoscroll UP. The further you move the pointer, the faster the
screen will scroll. Vice versa for down.

Further more, this is also a feature that has been hidden in many versions
of Word. If you go to Keyboard Shortcuts and select All Commands, scroll
down the list and you will find the AutoScroll command. That works in
exactly the same way. My guess is that somehow, the AutoScroll command is
being triggered by your 'discovery'. In the mouse setup, you should be able
to assign the AutoScroll feature to its wheel click and there should be a
slider to adjust its speed.

Terry