Octavee Uhl

Default Endnotes Formating at the end of the text before Appendix

Hi,

I read all the recent posts about endnotes, but I still have some questions.

My document needs to have the following settings:

Section Endnotes at the end of the document, but after the Endnotes is not
supposed to be an End of the document, there are still 3 pages (like an
appendix).

Also I want to have a special Layout formating for the Endnote Page instead
of just the line. Example: In Bold Section 1, Next line
1 Endnote text for 1
2 Endnote text for 2 etc

In Bold Section 2, Next line
1 Endnote text for 1
2 Endnote text for 2 etc

Is this possible? And if yes, how?

Thanks a lot
Octavee Uhl

Daiya Mitchell

Section Endnotes at the end of the document, but after the Endnotes is not
supposed to be an End of the document, there are still 3 pages (like an
appendix).

To do that you need to set the endnotes to end of section, insert a section
break before the appendix, and then have your appendix. If you already have
multiple section breaks in the document, use the File | Page Setup (Layout
tab) to suppress the endnotes in each section except the one you want the
endnotes to follow.

Also I want to have a special Layout formating for the Endnote Page instead
of just the line.

I'm afraid I do not understand your example. Can you clarify? You can type
most anything you want into "endnote space" and make it look fine, but to
Word it will still be part of an endnote. This is not necessarily a problem,
it depends.

The lines you are seeing at the beginning of the endnotes and at the top of
some of the pages are the Endnote Separator and Endnote Continuation
Separator, which you probably want to delete. To do so, switch into Normal
View and go to View | Footnotes. A footnote pane will open up at the
bottom. Use the dropdown menu at the top of the pane to access the
separators.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Octavee Uhl

Thanks Daiya,

this works great. One more thing. The Endnotes at the end have a certain
formating, like superscript, but there seems to be no style for it. I can
not see the style in available Styles. How can I masschange this?

Thanks again

Octavee

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Octavee Uhl

When I go to show all styles, the style "Endnote Reference" is not in there
to modify as a masschange. How can I accomplish that?

Thanks
Octavee

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The two relevant styles are Endnote Reference (superscript by default) and
Endnote Text.

so
all may benefit.

[...]

Unfortunately, "All Styles" doesn't really display *all* styles. You can
access the style by selecting Custom instead. This opens the Format Settings
dialog. If you click the Styles... button in the lower left corner, you'll
open the Style dialog box, from which you can select any style and modify
it.

"Octavee Uhl" octavee (no spam) @ gmx.net wrote in message
When I go to show all styles, the style "Endnote Reference" is not in

there
to modify as a masschange. How can I accomplish that?

Thanks
Octavee

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The two relevant styles are Endnote Reference (superscript by default)

and
Endnote Text.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

[...]

Numbers to appear at the cursor... ~D~ New Users 11 February 1st 05 04:49 AM
Mirror Text Box [email protected] Formatting Long Documents 1 January 24th 05 07:02 PM
Footnotes (endnotes) and justified text Susan C Page Layout 2 January 5th 05 10:58 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Endnotes and return to text Resolve Microsoft Word Help 3 November 29th 04 11:23 PM