Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jayhawk

Default Any Dragon Naturally 8 and Word 2003 Issues?

I installed Drgon Naturally Speaking 8 voice program twice and both times my
Word 2003 program failed to open. I can't open Word files either. Any help
on this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Dragon Naturally Speaking includes some Word macros. Make sure you have
installed the correct version.

Word will attempt to open the Dragon add-in at Startup: if it can't, or the
macros fail, Word will hang.

I recommend the following sequence:

1) fully uninstalling Dragon,

2) fully uninstalling Office,

3) Run Windows Update until it shows no more updates available (either
Critical or Optional)

4) re-booting,

5) then re-install Office,

6) re-install SP2,

7) Run Microsoft Update to fully update Office

8) then re-install Dragon,

Sorry, I know it's a lengthy process. However, working through it all in
that specific sequence "should" sort out whatever the problem is. If you
try to save a little time by thinking you have already done some of those
steps, you are likely to make the problem worse!

Hope this helps

On 1/2/06 10:08 AM, in article
, "jayhawk"
wrote:

I installed Drgon Naturally Speaking 8 voice program twice and both times my
Word 2003 program failed to open. I can't open Word files either. Any help
on this?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410