DrivesLikeJehu01

Default Change tracking and autotext

I recently had to rebuild my computer after a hard drive crash, and of course
had to reinstall Word 2002. Now, when using the Norma.dot template, when I
type an autotext entry, Word invokes the change tracking feature and marks
the entry as a changed item. I have tried to edit Normal.dot and tell it not
to track changes and to display the document as "Final" not "Final Showing
Markup."

Any suggestions how to work around this annoyance? I had it figured out once
upon a time, and it ceased to be an issue. Just came back because of
reinstalling.

If Track Changes is automatically enabled in every new document, and turning
it off before quitting Word doesn't help, then you'll probably need to turn
it off in Normal.dot directly. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

"DrivesLikeJehu01" wrote in
message ...