JohnE

Default Dialog Box is Open

I have a brand new PC, with Office 2003 Small business edition. When I
downloaded and install some of those many upgrades, something happens when I
open an existing word file: "The command cannot be performed because a dialog
box is open. Click OK, and......

Well, a dialog box is not open. I have tried everything even uninstall 2003
with 2000 and then it works. Then upgrade again to 2003 and the same alert
appear.

What to do?

Cheers

John

garfield-n-odie

Hi, JohnE. Disable the Office Plugin that comes with Symantec/Norton
AntiVirus. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office
programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more info.