Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bnw401 bnw401 is offline

Default Inserting a footer but not a header

I need a footer to number the pages of a technical manual (about 200 pages).
I am not going to have any use for a header. The header, which I am NOT going
to use is pushing the text down on the page. After a few pages, the text is
pushed to the next page; and so on to the end of the book. This unused header
is adding 15 pages to the book. Does Word provide a solution for inserting a
footer without a header?