Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mth mth is offline

Default Change the word 2007 user interface to look like a previous versio

How does one change the user interface on Word 2007 to look like the previous
version of Word? I can't find anything in 2007. I am too busy to learn a
new interface. Time is too valuable to waste learning an unneeded
rearrangement of the UI.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Office 2007 does not have a "classic menu" option built in, but there
are a number of third-party add-ins available such as
http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbon...izer/index.php and
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/menuaddins .

mth wrote:
How does one change the user interface on Word 2007 to look like the previous
version of Word? I can't find anything in 2007. I am too busy to learn a
new interface. Time is too valuable to waste learning an unneeded
rearrangement of the UI.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"mth" wrote in message
How does one change the user interface on Word 2007 to look like the
previous
version of Word? I can't find anything in 2007. I am too busy to learn a
new interface. Time is too valuable to waste learning an unneeded
rearrangement of the UI.

So when you buy a different model of car where the switches are in different
places you don't bother to learn where they are?
Sheeesh!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mth mth is offline

Default Change the word 2007 user interface to look like a previous ve

You must have a lot of spare time on your hands. I don't, and I also don't
care to learn a new word processing program. Why the attitude?

"Gordon" wrote:

"mth" wrote in message
How does one change the user interface on Word 2007 to look like the
previous
version of Word? I can't find anything in 2007. I am too busy to learn a
new interface. Time is too valuable to waste learning an unneeded
rearrangement of the UI.

So when you buy a different model of car where the switches are in different
places you don't bother to learn where they are?
Sheeesh!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TJ Gunnz TJ Gunnz is offline

No kidding mth! I am with you on that 100%. Apparently Gordon didn't read
the part about this being an area for new users....
--
TJ Gunnz

"Gordon" wrote:

"mth" wrote in message
How does one change the user interface on Word 2007 to look like the
previous
version of Word? I can't find anything in 2007. I am too busy to learn a
new interface. Time is too valuable to waste learning an unneeded
rearrangement of the UI.

So when you buy a different model of car where the switches are in different
places you don't bother to learn where they are?
Sheeesh!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"TJ Gunnz" wrote in message
No kidding mth! I am with you on that 100%. Apparently Gordon didn't
read
the part about this being an area for new users....

So if the OP is a NEW user, then just learn the interface! Petard and Hoist
come to mind....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"mth" wrote in message
You must have a lot of spare time on your hands. I don't, and I also
don't
care to learn a new word processing program. Why the attitude?

Because I get FED up with all the wingers and whiners about new UIs. (And
it's not just Office 2007).
If you are in a corporate environment then you have no choice - just get on
and use it.
If you are at home, or are your own boss, and just went out and bought it,
then more fool you. You should have installed the trial version first to see
if you like it.
And I have to say, that using it myself (from Office 2003) yes there ARE
differences, but you can put all your frequently used functions in the QAT,
and given a (short) time, you will actually find that it is more intuitive
than previous versions.
And I also, as a Management and Systems Accountant, have no time for anyone
who says they are "too busy" to learn something new. Rubbish.