ron___b

Default how do I change the page width in outline view

Word on a Mac:

It's really annoying to me that when I'm in outline view, the page is just
hugely wide even though the text is still confined to a much smaller part of
the screen. Is this a known bug? Is there a way around it?
Daiya Mitchell

There are Mac-specific newsgroups as well:

See here for Google/Entourage gateway to newsgroups for MacWord, MacExcel,
and other MS programs for the Mac:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

I'd never really noticed the inconsistency in Outline View there--although,
I just checked and it looks like if I had Outline View and Normal View at
the same zoom, the text would use almost the same space in both views, so
the inconsistency for me is not from Outline View vs. Normal View, but
because I have Normal View at 125% and Outline View at 100%.

I'm not sure how to get outline view to default to a particular zoom. You
could probably get a little macro to run every time you switch into Outline
View, but I'm not sure what it would look like.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

I don't know about the Mac version, but in Windows versions you can set
"Wrap to window" to work in Outline/Normal views (Tools | Options | View).

.. .

On 10/4/05 5:56 PM, "ron___b" wrote:

Word on a Mac:

It's really annoying to me that when I'm in outline view, the page is

just
hugely wide even though the text is still confined to a much smaller

part of
the screen. Is this a known bug? Is there a way around it?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/