GKW in GA

Default How do I keep a group of words together on the same line

How do I keep a group of words together on the same line even if they have a
space betweem them
Whipper Snapper

Hello: One way to keep certain words together, or "attached" to one another,
is to put a "hard space" between each of these words.

To put a "hard space" in between words, (1) type the first word (2) do not
use the space bar yet, rather Ctrl + Shf + space (3) type the 2nd word; then
Ctrl + Shf + space, etc.

If you are trying to keep words together on one line for a heading (for
example) you might need to decrease the font size, or use a font that is
proportional (i.e., the 'i's, t's, j's take up less width).

Good luck, Whipper Snapper

"GKW in GA" wrote:

How do I keep a group of words together on the same line even if they have a
space betweem them

Anne Troy

Use a non-breaking space. Hit Insert--Symbol and go to the Special
Characters tab to find out the shortcut keystrokes.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"GKW in GA" wrote in message
How do I keep a group of words together on the same line even if they have
space betweem them

Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar will insert a nonbreaking space. Use these between words
you want to keep together. Similarly, Ctrl+Shift+Hyphen will insert a
nonbreaking hyphen.

"GKW in GA" wrote in message
How do I keep a group of words together on the same line even if they have

space betweem them

TechWriter

Suzanne,

Can't we keep a group of words in the same line together by applying
direct formatting and accessing FormatParagraphLine and Page
BreaksKeep Lines together????

Graham Mayor

No! This option prevents an automatic page break within a paragraph.

TechWriter wrote:
Suzanne,

Can't we keep a group of words in the same line together by applying
direct formatting and accessing FormatParagraphLine and Page
BreaksKeep Lines together????

Capitalizing the right words in the titles in bibliographies Sam Microsoft Word Help 2 August 8th 05 06:16 PM
How do I build a word list with number of occurrences of each wor. Bill Crowl Microsoft Word Help 2 March 20th 05 12:17 AM
Word frequencies Anthea Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:46 AM
Word Count mel Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 04 11:17 PM
Recurring words/phrases Pegge New Users 1 December 9th 04 03:08 AM