Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen Howard Helen Howard is offline

Default How do I change settings in Format, Para, Spacing from line to cm

I am using Office 2003 and when I go into Format Paragraph Spacing it has
0 line instead of 0 cm.
How do I change it to cm.

Also in the Indentations section it is showing 0 ch.

I have checked Options General tab Measurements units which reads
centimeters
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Prior to Word 2007
Tools Options General Measurement Units

or if that doesn't fix it, see
http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

Helen Howard wrote:
I am using Office 2003 and when I go into Format Paragraph
Spacing it has 0 line instead of 0 cm.
How do I change it to cm.

Also in the Indentations section it is showing 0 ch.

I have checked Options General tab Measurements units which reads
centimeters

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default How do I change settings in Format, Para, Spacing from line to

To add to Graham's response, in the Paragraph Spacing box you can type in the
unit you wish with the value you wish, ie 6pt or 0.2cm and the box will
accept this and will continue to use this unit.
I have noticed that Word will sometimes convert the unit in this dialog for
an inexplicable reason whilst working on a file and sometimes the ruler will
change to points! (Changing the units as Graham described,
Whether anyone knows why or how to stop this from happening, maybe they will
jump in here.
Anyway, if the value and unit is not what you want in the Space box, just
type in what you do want and Word will accept these.
Hope this helps
DeanH