Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ah ah is offline

Default date problem in form

Hi, I would appreciate if someone could help me with the following form
problem:

I've created a form with Microsoft word. Besides, I've formatted 1 of the
field as "Date". However, I faced an issue as follows:

The date format that I've set is DD.MM.YYYY
When the user key in an invalid date, for example: 22.22.2006
The document will automatically reflect it back to current date.

Is it possible for the document to prompt out a msg "Invalid date" in stead
of change it to my current date in this case?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?YWg=?=,

I've created a form with Microsoft word. Besides, I've formatted 1 of the
field as "Date". However, I faced an issue as follows:

The date format that I've set is DD.MM.YYYY
When the user key in an invalid date, for example: 22.22.2006
The document will automatically reflect it back to current date.

Is it possible for the document to prompt out a msg "Invalid date" in stead
of change it to my current date in this case?

You can provide this only by using a macro in the form document. If you
require further help, you need to tell us which version of Word you're using,
with which language the form has been created, and what the Windows language
is.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ah ah is offline

Thanks for your reply. Just wish to find out from you whether there is any
alternative solution to this? For your information, I don't have any macro in
place now. I still managed to get message "A valid date or time is required"
when I enter an invalid date. However, when I enter an invalid month, for
example: 12.13.2006
The system will change the month to date. As a result , the system will
change it to 13.12.2006 automatically.

And the other scenario is that if both the date and month are invalid, the
system will change it to today's date automatically. Please advice whether
there is any other alternative to resolve this besides macro.

For your information, I'm using Windows XP, Microsoft Office word 2003 now.

Thanks

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?YWg=?=,

I've created a form with Microsoft word. Besides, I've formatted 1 of the
field as "Date". However, I faced an issue as follows:

The date format that I've set is DD.MM.YYYY
When the user key in an invalid date, for example: 22.22.2006
The document will automatically reflect it back to current date.

Is it possible for the document to prompt out a msg "Invalid date" in stead
of change it to my current date in this case?

You can provide this only by using a macro in the form document. If you
require further help, you need to tell us which version of Word you're using,
with which language the form has been created, and what the Windows language
is.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?YWg=?=,

Just wish to find out from you whether there is any
alternative solution to this? For your information, I don't have any macro in
place now. I still managed to get message "A valid date or time is required"
when I enter an invalid date. However, when I enter an invalid month, for
example: 12.13.2006
The system will change the month to date. As a result , the system will
change it to 13.12.2006 automatically.

And the other scenario is that if both the date and month are invalid, the
system will change it to today's date automatically. Please advice whether
there is any other alternative to resolve this besides macro.

For your information, I'm using Windows XP, Microsoft Office word 2003 now.

Since you didn't answer my questions concerning languages, I can't even
begin to guess whether there might be a way to work around this. But I'm
thinking it probably would require a macro.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?YWg=?=,

Both the OS and the words document are using English

Well, US date format and UK date format both uses slashes, not dots. So where is
your DATE format coming from? Word relies on the system date format settings.
You're going to have problems if your document language and your date "language"
are in conflict.

I've created a form with Microsoft word. Besides, I've formatted 1 of the
field as "Date". However, I faced an issue as follows:

The date format that I've set is DD.MM.YYYY
When the user key in an invalid date, for example: 22.22.2006
The document will automatically reflect it back to current date.

Is it possible for the document to prompt out a msg "Invalid date" in stead
of change it to my current date in this case?

You can provide this only by using a macro in the form document. If you
require further help, you need to tell us which version of Word you're using,
with which language the form has been created, and what the Windows language
is.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)