Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cbg cbg is offline

Default words being converted to code?

my word document seems to be converting text into an error message. Random
words will be replaced with a square box followed by "erform". For example, a
sentence will look like this:

the []erform is blue.

however, it should say the "sky" is blue.

This particular document is composed of entries that have been copied and
pasted from other various word docs. I'm not sure if that has anything to do
it. Any info would be greatly appreciated! THX!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

When does this "conversion" occur? When you are typing the text?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"cbg" wrote in message
my word document seems to be converting text into an error message.
Random
words will be replaced with a square box followed by "erform". For
example, a
sentence will look like this:

the []erform is blue.

however, it should say the "sky" is blue.

This particular document is composed of entries that have been copied and
pasted from other various word docs. I'm not sure if that has anything to
do
it. Any info would be greatly appreciated! THX!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cbg cbg is offline

When the entries are copied and pasted in from other documents, it looks
good. It seems to only occur when the document is closed, and then
re-opened. It happens to many different words within the document.

I found out this document used to be maintained in excel, and then at some
point, they dumped it into the word doc in a table format. Not sure if that
info. helps.

Thanks for your help on this.

"cbg" wrote in message
my word document seems to be converting text into an error message.
Random
words will be replaced with a square box followed by "erform". For
example, a
sentence will look like this:

the []erform is blue.

however, it should say the "sky" is blue.

This particular document is composed of entries that have been copied and
pasted from other various word docs. I'm not sure if that has anything to
do
it. Any info would be greatly appreciated! THX!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Sorry, I haven't seen anything like that before... I guess it could be
something about the language or encoding? Hopefully someone knows.

If no one has been able to explain this within the next few days, you may
want to repost the question. Be sure to tell which versions of Word and
Excel are involved.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP