Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Speed Racer

Default Word 2003 Autotext and Normal.dot Template Problem

I support several transcriptionists and I replaced one of their computers two
weeks ago. I copied the normal.dot template from the old computer to the new
one. The computer is running Windows XP SP2 and Microsoft Office Small
Business 2003. The problem is that when she creates a new document the
autotext and autocorrect are working properly. Several minutes later they
stop working. When I go into the organizer the template it is trying to
default to is normal6.dot. I delete the "6", hit OK and it starts working
again. It is also asking to save changes to the template every time it
closes. I have seen some posts about Adobe causing problems, but they are
mostly referring to Adobe 7.0. She is running Adobe 6.0. Any help is
greatly appreciated!
--
Go speed racer!