Rena

Default line spacing

I am trying to doublespace a speech and cannot find line spacing on my
formatting toolbar.
garfield-n-odie

Hi, Rena. Select the text (or press Ctrl+A to select the whole
document), and press Ctrl+2 or click on Format | Paragraph | Line
spacing: Double | OK. If you want to add a double-space button to a
toolbar, click on Tools | Customize | Commands | Categories: Format |
Commands: Double spacing, and drag "Double spacing" to the desired
position on a toolbar.

Rena wrote:
I am trying to doublespace a speech and cannot find line spacing on my
formatting toolbar.

Russ

You can go to Format, Paragraph, then Line Spacing is provided in a pull down
window (at least in Word 2002). Also, you can add it directly to your
toolbar by going to Tools, Customize, and then dragging and dropping buttons
from the different categories.

"Rena" wrote:

I am trying to doublespace a speech and cannot find line spacing on my
formatting toolbar.

Rena

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Customizing my toolbar will
make things a lot easier.

"Rena" wrote:

I am trying to doublespace a speech and cannot find line spacing on my
formatting toolbar.

Instead of adding a button for double spacing, choose the LineSpacing
command from the All Commands category. This will give you a button with a
menu that displays 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, and More... (which opens the
Format | Paragraph dialog). For general use, however, it's easier to
remember these shortcuts:

Ctrl+1 = single spacing
Ctrl+5 = 1.5-line spacing
Ctrl+2 = double spacing