nodotdak

Default different page numbering on same page

I have created a header with page numbering to begin at 1.
I want the footer to begin page numbering with a different number. How do I
get the footer number not to be the same # as the header.
Thanks
Daiya Mitchell

What pattern determines the number you do want in the footer? You'll have
to do something a little tricky, which requires more info about what you
want to help.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

nodotdak

The header would only be a page number. The page number would need to print
consecutively starting with page 1.
The footer needs a project number and then that page number needs to start
with a different page number. Example 13-389.096-3 the -3 would be the page
number and needs to start with different than the header page number.
Thanks.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

What pattern determines the number you do want in the footer? You'll have
to do something a little tricky, which requires more info about what you
want to help.

On 6/8/05 10:52 AM, "nodotdak" wrote:

I have created a header with page numbering to begin at 1.
I want the footer to begin page numbering with a different number. How do I
get the footer number not to be the same # as the header.
Thanks

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Daiya Mitchell

Assuming the project number is always the same, and the page number is
always 2+ the real page number, click View Header/Footer. Type the project
number into the footer directly. Press Control-F9 to enter field braces.
Inside the field braces, click the # icon to get the page number. Hit
alt-F9 to toggle field codes if necessary, so that you see: {{PAGE}} A page
field within a field.

Edit that double field so that you have {={PAGE}+2}
Press alt-F9 to return the field to showing results instead of field codes.

I think that will work, I'm not the field math expert.