Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Holly

Default Wrong record inserted in merge document

I'm using merge to create reports (not letters) from an Excel file data
source. Previously I would select the single pertinent record for a specific
client the used the €śmerge to new document€ť command and save that document
for the report under the clients name (these are reports that are updated
over time). However, I switched months ago when I discovered €śsave date€ť
because I liked using save date (instead of date) but when I merged save date
to a new document it turned the date into XXs andOOs. Instead, I began to
save the merge document as a separate merge document for the client (did not
€śmerge to new document€ť) which has worked fine until today. While I have
been adding new names to the data source Excel file for some time and always
sort so in alphabetical order so easier to choose, this last name I inserted
has thrown everything off and is selecting the name just under the real name.
How do I get it to go back to keeping the record chosen and saved? Thanks.
Holly

PS €“ In rereading this Ill be VERY impressed if anyone can follow what I
just said (sorry) €¦ but I hope so.