Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Aspiring Authot[_2_] Aspiring Authot[_2_] is offline

Default I get different number of sentences on different pages

This is hard to describe. I am writing a manuscript using Word. I use
different odd/even pages and different first page. Some of the pages have
ended up with a different number of sentences per page; some have 39, some
38, and the first page of each chapter has only 36 sentences per page.
Therefore, although the top sentences of the pages align (are level in the
manuscript,) not all the bottoms of the pages align. I have written several
manuscripts and not had this problem before. I have compared page set-up etc
in all manuscripts and can see no difference in this last one. I would really
appreciate some guidance. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Unless all the sentences on each page contain the same number of characters
it is not surprising that some pages will hold more than others?

Aspiring Authot wrote:
This is hard to describe. I am writing a manuscript using Word. I use
different odd/even pages and different first page. Some of the pages
have ended up with a different number of sentences per page; some
have 39, some 38, and the first page of each chapter has only 36
sentences per page. Therefore, although the top sentences of the
pages align (are level in the manuscript,) not all the bottoms of the
pages align. I have written several manuscripts and not had this
problem before. I have compared page set-up etc in all manuscripts
and can see no difference in this last one. I would really appreciate
some guidance. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

"Aspiring Authot" wrote in
message ...

This is hard to describe. I am writing a manuscript using Word. I use
different odd/even pages and different first page. Some of the pages have
ended up with a different number of sentences per page; some have 39, some
38, and the first page of each chapter has only 36 sentences per page.
Therefore, although the top sentences of the pages align (are level in the
manuscript,) not all the bottoms of the pages align. I have written
several
manuscripts and not had this problem before. I have compared page set-up
etc
in all manuscripts and can see no difference in this last one. I would
really
appreciate some guidance. Thanks!

Have you got widow/orphan protection on?

That would result in some of the last lines of the page being moved over to
the next page to stop you having just the start of a paragraph at the bottom
of the page.

You'll find widow/orphan contol in the styles settings under Paragraph, Line
and page breaks.

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

"Aspiring Authot" wrote in
message ...
This is hard to describe. I am writing a manuscript using Word. I use
different odd/even pages and different first page. Some of the pages have
ended up with a different number of sentences per page; some have 39, some
38, and the first page of each chapter has only 36 sentences per page.
Therefore, although the top sentences of the pages align (are level in the
manuscript,) not all the bottoms of the pages align. I have written
several
manuscripts and not had this problem before. I have compared page set-up
etc
in all manuscripts and can see no difference in this last one. I would
really
appreciate some guidance. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Aspiring Authot[_2_] Aspiring Authot[_2_] is offline

I thought of that and I disabled widows/orphans but that didn't make any
difference. This is really causing problems for me as I need my pages even
top and bottom when I publish online. Thanks anyway!

"PeterMcC" wrote:

"Aspiring Authot" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Aspiring Authot[_2_] Aspiring Authot[_2_] is offline

That was helpful Suzanne. Thank you. After changing some settings, I only had
to do a little tweaking to get it right. I appreciate the help!