Jan Rosenberg

Default Suppressing header in Word

I need to suppress a one header 12 times in a manuscript. How do I do this?
Genine

Word doesn't have this facility in the same way as WordPerfect did.
Each time you want to change a header or footer you need to insert a section
break next page, then switch off the same as previous option for the
header/footer, then insert the new content (if any).
You then need to insert another section break next page , again switch off
same as previous in the header in the new section and paste in the content
that you want to put back for the next few pages...

This is quite a bit more work than in WP, but it does work!
Genine

I need to suppress a one header 12 times in a manuscript. How do I do this?

If there's a pattern to the suppression, though, it may be possible with
less work. For example, if you want to omit the header on the first page of
a chapter or part, you can check the "Different first page" box on the
Layout tab of Page Setup. This will give you a separate First Page Header,
which you can leave empty. You will still need to insert a section break
before each chapter, but you won't need two breaks. There is also a
"Different odd and even" setting that may be helpful.