Flemming Dahl

Default Linked contents diff. headers

Hi all

Don't know if this is the right group to place my question, but here goes

I have a Template with different first page header.
The first page header contains a table with some information.
The second page header has the same information as the first page header,
but not all the table cells are shown on the second page header.

To update the headers we have to manually update both headers with the same
information.

I would like it to possible only to update the information in the first page
header, and make word update the information in the second page header.

I can do this if I select a text in a cell and create a bookmark around it,
and then create a CustomDocumentProperty (CDP) that are linked to the
bookmark. Then I can insert a DocProperty field in the second page header.
But the problem is that the bookmark sometimes are deleted while editing the
text.
If I make a bookmark of an hole cell and created the linked CDP, then the
CDP value is like this "..Flemming....", and this value will of cause be
shown in the second page header.

I have also tryed with DocVariable, but since a field can not be linked to
DocVariable, then the user can not change the DocVariable without using VBA.

So how I make Word update information in the second page header when
information is changed in the first page header ?

Thanks alot
Flemming

Doug Robbins

I would use a userform to get the input from the user and use it to create
document variables and have the relevant docvariable fields in the headers
so that the information entered by the user into the userform is displayed.

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Flemming Dahl" wrote in message
[...]

Flemming Dahl

Hi Doug

Yes, I know but after the document has been created the user needs to edit
ie. document version number, that is located in both headers, and no
userform/macro must follow normal documents.

I have also tried to move the first page header away from the header and
into the top of the page, and inserted form-fields, section break and
protected section 1 for form-fill only. The user can the fill the top and
write in the second section, but when I insert pictures in section 2, then I
can not manipulate the picture.

Any other ideas ?

Cheers,
Flemming