Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nikki Nikki is offline

Default URGENT - Document turned into code!

I'd just finished an essay and was backing it up on my computer from USB pen,
when an error message came up. Word 2000 then proceeded to turn my essay into
a series of blocks/characters/symbols/code. Some of the essay is still there,
although most of it is altered. It also deleted the essay on my USB drive. Is
there any way to change this back asap?! Please help!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You should never work with a document on removeable media such as a USB
Drive - for just the reason that you have experienced.

You should always work with the document on the Hard Drive and if you want
to late have a copy on removeable media, use Windows Explorer to copy it
there.

I don't know of any way out of your predicament other than to start typing
again.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.