Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Recently Used Templates on the New document pane

Word 2003 on XP.
How do I delete a template name that is listed on the New Document pane
under the Recently Used Templates.
I have updated one of my templates and the old version remains on this
listing.
Many thanks
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Thanks again Ms Barnhill.
Sorry, should have said that the new version was renamed and this new one is
on this listing. But the old version is still on this listing and because I
have removed this old version from the User Templates folder, if I accidently
click this template, I get an error message "Word was unable to read this
document. It may be corrupt...".
I was hoping that the Ctrl+Shft+Hyphen or something similar may allow
deletion of this link.
Or is there a way to rest the listing of these recently used template via
the registry?
DeanH

"DeanH" wrote in message
Word 2003 on XP.
How do I delete a template name that is listed on the New Document pane
under the Recently Used Templates.
I have updated one of my templates and the old version remains on this
listing.
Many thanks
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I don't know of any other way but you can change these in the registry. In
key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Recent Templates

there are two values for each template: Friendly# and Template# (where # is
the same number for a related pair)

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"DeanH" wrote in message
Word 2003 on XP.
How do I delete a template name that is listed on the New Document pane
under the Recently Used Templates.
I have updated one of my templates and the old version remains on this
listing.
Many thanks
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm sure there probably is, but I don't know what it is. You might, however,
have a look at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm to see
if it provides anything relevant.