Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
suroora suroora is offline

Default Printing comments in Word 2002

I'm using Word 2002 and Windows XP. How can I print comments in a document? I
don't use the balloon option (it drives me nuts), and when I print a document
with markup, it doesn't print the comments. In Word 2000, they used to print
as a sheet at the end. The drop-down list in the print dialog box does not
list comments. I would like to avoid using a macro to do this--is there a
simpler way?

Thanks,
Suroor
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried the "List of markup" option in the "Print what" box (in the
Print dialog box)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"suroora" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002 and Windows XP. How can I print comments in a
document? I
don't use the balloon option (it drives me nuts), and when I print a
document
with markup, it doesn't print the comments. In Word 2000, they used to
print
as a sheet at the end. The drop-down list in the print dialog box does not
list comments. I would like to avoid using a macro to do this--is there a
simpler way?

Thanks,
Suroor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
suroora suroora is offline

Yes, I have, and it prints pages and pages of changes (it's a heavily edited
document). I just want to print my document with tracked changes and get the
comments with it.

"suroora" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002 and Windows XP. How can I print comments in a
document? I
don't use the balloon option (it drives me nuts), and when I print a
document
with markup, it doesn't print the comments. In Word 2000, they used to
print
as a sheet at the end. The drop-down list in the print dialog box does not
list comments. I would like to avoid using a macro to do this--is there a
simpler way?

Thanks,
Suroor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

On the Reviewing toolbar, use the Show button to hide what you don't want to
print (such as Insertions and Deletions, or whatever the options are called
in Word 2002). Then, in the Print dialog box, choose to print "List of
markup." At least in Word 2007, this works (although it is a bit less
convenient than simply printing comments in older versions of Word).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"suroora" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002 and Windows XP. How can I print comments in a
document? I
don't use the balloon option (it drives me nuts), and when I print a
document
with markup, it doesn't print the comments. In Word 2000, they used to
print
as a sheet at the end. The drop-down list in the print dialog box does
not
list comments. I would like to avoid using a macro to do this--is there
simpler way?

Thanks,
Suroor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement