Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave French Dave French is offline

Default Different fonts in one style

I would like to have 2 different fonts and/or font sizes in one style.
It is a 2 line heading. The first line is 20 pt and the second is 16. I
saved it as a style but when I apply it only one font is represented.

Any good ideas or am I seeking the impossible?

Dave French

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to create two styles. Put the name of the second one in the
spot in the Format Style box where it says Next Paragraph Format. Then
you can type the first line of your heading, type Enter, the second
line will be formatted as you want, and then if you make the Next
Paragraph Format of the second style whatever your normal style is
called (such as Normal, or Body Text), you can just keep going.

On Mar 11, 2:49*pm, "Dave French" wrote:
I would like to have 2 different fonts and/or font sizes in one style.
It is a 2 line heading. *The first line is 20 pt and the second is 16. *I
saved it as a style but when I apply it only one font is represented.

Any good ideas or am I seeking the impossible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave French Dave French is offline

I'm in Office 2007.
I'm in the Modify Style dialog box but do not see the 'Next Paragraph
Format'

Dave

"grammatim" wrote in message
You need to create two styles. Put the name of the second one in the
spot in the Format Style box where it says Next Paragraph Format. Then
you can type the first line of your heading, type Enter, the second
line will be formatted as you want, and then if you make the Next
Paragraph Format of the second style whatever your normal style is
called (such as Normal, or Body Text), you can just keep going.

On Mar 11, 2:49 pm, "Dave French" wrote:
I would like to have 2 different fonts and/or font sizes in one style.
It is a 2 line heading. The first line is 20 pt and the second is 16. I
saved it as a style but when I apply it only one font is represented.

Any good ideas or am I seeking the impossible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The exact wording of the caption for that item is "Style for following
paragraph". It's the fourth dropdown from the top of the dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"grammatim" wrote in message
You need to create two styles. Put the name of the second one in the
spot in the Format Style box where it says Next Paragraph Format. Then
you can type the first line of your heading, type Enter, the second
line will be formatted as you want, and then if you make the Next
Paragraph Format of the second style whatever your normal style is
called (such as Normal, or Body Text), you can just keep going.

On Mar 11, 2:49 pm, "Dave French" wrote:
I would like to have 2 different fonts and/or font sizes in one
style. It is a 2 line heading. The first line is 20 pt and the
second is 16. I saved it as a style but when I apply it only one
font is represented. Any good ideas or am I seeking the impossible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave French Dave French is offline

I found it!!
thanks folks!!

Dave French

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
The exact wording of the caption for that item is "Style for following
paragraph". It's the fourth dropdown from the top of the dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.