Pete Carr

Default Word 2003 to Word 2002 XP Docs

I have been using the Office 2003 demo ans like it.
I can't afford it right now.
So I have to go back to Office 2002 XP.
WIll docs I have worked on in 2003 be able to
be read back into Word, Excel 2002 XP.
IS there anything I should do before
going back to 2002 XO before un-installing 2003
to make sure I can read my the doc in 2002 XP?
Thanks
Pete Carr

Jay Freedman

Pete Carr wrote:
I have been using the Office 2003 demo ans like it.
I can't afford it right now.
So I have to go back to Office 2002 XP.
WIll docs I have worked on in 2003 be able to
be read back into Word, Excel 2002 XP.
IS there anything I should do before
going back to 2002 XO before un-installing 2003
to make sure I can read my the doc in 2002 XP?
Thanks
Pete Carr

Hi Pete,

Most of the new features in Word 2003 are concerned with the "user
interface" -- things like the Research pane -- that don't affect anything in
the files of saved documents.

One indication is that the Tools Options Save dialog has an option to
disable features introduced after particular versions, but the latest
version listed in the dropdown is Word 97. All versions from 2000 through
2003 share the same file format.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman