Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JeanAnn

Default How do I save as a html document?

Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't say what version you actually have, but have you tried File | Save
as Web Page or just selecting one of the Web Page options in "Files of type"
in the Save As dialog?

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to

upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the

File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Antonio Ciccia Antonio Ciccia is offline

Hello I was wondering if you could help me out, I'm trying to change a
document from doc.x to html my computer runs microsoft word 97. C an you help
me?

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to

upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the

File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Antonio,

You mentioned what I'm assuming what looks to be a reference to .docX files. If so, that would be Word 2007. If that's the case
Office Button=Save As=Other Formats
and choose Web Page or Web Page-Filtered.

If it is Word 97, that version used a Web Authoring Tool, Add-in and converter set. The original tool is an optional add in you can
turn on via the Windows Control Panel=Add/Remove Programs and selecting the Microsoft Office choice (you'll need your Word/Office
CDs/disks).

There is an updated version of the Word 97 Web Page Authoring tools available from the link in.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172747

When installed the Save options appear in the File menu in Word 97.
==============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
echen echen is offline

Hi, I've also made html or webpages from MS Word 2007 by the sequence you
describe (Save As -- Web page). I get a webpage, but when I use it in the
actual web and open it in a browser, the tab marks and spaces appear as
squares, and the bullet points appear as question marks.

I tried re-saving the supposed html page from DreamWeaver, but this did not
get rid of the weird marks. How do I get rid of the strange marks that are
not being read correctly in html?

Thanks,
EC

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to

upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the

File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi E.C.,

Using Office Button=Save As=Other Formats, click on the [Tools] button on the bottom left and check 'Web Options'.

What Encoding is set?

What langauges are enabled in Word and what fonts are you using in the document?

===============
"echen" wrote in message news Hi, I've also made html or webpages from MS Word 2007 by the sequence you
describe (Save As -- Web page). I get a webpage, but when I use it in the
actual web and open it in a browser, the tab marks and spaces appear as
squares, and the bullet points appear as question marks.

I tried re-saving the supposed html page from DreamWeaver, but this did not
get rid of the weird marks. How do I get rid of the strange marks that are
not being read correctly in html?

Thanks,
EC
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gwen gwen is offline

I am having the same problem. I have 2007 and I do not have web page options,
how can I build a web page using word?

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to

upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the

File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I see several Web formats under Office Button | Save or Save As | Other
Formats.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You don't say what version you actually have, but have you tried File |
Save
as Web Page or just selecting one of the Web Page options in "Files of
type"
in the Save As dialog?

so
all may benefit.

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to

upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the

File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fill in later Fill in later is offline

The only formats available to choose from under Office Button - Save as -
Other Formats - Save as Type: are ".docx" ".docm" ".doc" ".dotm" ".dot"

There are no web formats to choose from.

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to
upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the
File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fill in later[_2_] Fill in later[_2_] is offline

Nevermind. I just figured it out.
I actually do have web formats to choose from.
Ignore my last post

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to
upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the
File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Subby Subby is offline

I have '07 office home/student and I have created a flyer that I would like
to upload into another account (photobucket) but I need it to be saved as
html or jpg and I have saved as web page and web page, filtered and it still
is not uploading!!!!!!!!! frustrated
"JeanAnn" wrote:

Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wendell Brown Wendell Brown is offline

Hi Bob,

May I jump in here to ask a related question? Is there a way to make a macro
or shortcut button for "Save As web page (html)"? I use this command a lot,
and it was easy to access from the keyboard with Word 2003. Using Word 2007,
it seems to require a lot of mouse work to get to this command. I tried
recording a macro, but the macro is too specific, and contains the particular
file folder, file name etc that I used when recording the macro.

Thanks
Wendell

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Assign this to a keyboard shortcut:

Sub SaveAsWebPage()
Dim dlg As Dialog
Set dlg = Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs)
dlg.Format = wdFormatHTML
dlg.Show
Set dlg = Nothing
End Sub

If you want the filtered HTML version, replace wdFormatHTML with
wdFormatFilteredHTML.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
helen3210 helen3210 is offline

I am having the same probelm it does not give me the option to save at html
or web page or anything. I am working from Word 97. Any ideas?

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to
upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the
File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert Schechter Robert Schechter is offline

Thanks Suzanne, but what is the difference with Save AS web page, web page
filtered and single file?

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to

upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the

File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Save as Web Page saves the document as an .htm file, preserving all the
formatting of the Word document so that, if desired, it can be resaved as a
..doc file without losing formatting. "Web Page, Filtered" also saves as .htm
but removes some of the formatting data for a more efficient Web page. It is
still, I am reliably informed, extremely bloated and ugly HTML, however.

Both of those file types save illustrations as separate, linked files. This
can be extremely useful if you are trying to extract pasted graphics as
separate files in JPG or GIF format. "Single File Web Page" uses the .mht
format which, as I understand it, somehow embeds the graphics in the file
itself (just as the Word document does).

http://word.mvps.org

"Robert Schechter" Robert wrote in
message news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You don't say what version you actually have, but have you tried File |
Save
as Web Page or just selecting one of the Web Page options in "Files of
type"
in the Save As dialog?

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
so
all may benefit.

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to

upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the

File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RodD RodD is offline

Coincidence that I was just playing with these, since Word's Help said
nothing. While it is likely true that "Web Page, Filtered" is also
considered ugly, it DOES significantly reduce the weight (size) of the
resulting HTM document, compared to the simple 'save as web page". In my
case, the non-filtered file was 77K, filtered was 28K (and if I hand code a
really stripped version, it would be around 16K).

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to
upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the
File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks for the further info.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You don't say what version you actually have, but have you tried File

Save
as Web Page or just selecting one of the Web Page options in "Files of
type"
in the Save As dialog?

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready
upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from
the
File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick Rick is offline

I can't get my picture to be embedded in my web page. It comes out distorted
or with a square in the left hand corner that says the title.jpeg. I tried
saving as html, htm, mht. I don't know what i am doing wrong. Everywhere I
read it says to make a page in word as usual and then save as web page and
you are done. Please help!

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to
upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the
File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is the picture embedded before you start, or is it linked? If you have
copied it from the Web, there's a good chance it's linked. Press Alt+F9; if
you see an INCLUDEPICTURE field code, then the picture is linked; press
Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink it, then try again saving as a Web page.

http://word.mvps.org

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready
upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from
the
File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Cheryl is offline

I was told to save a holiday e-letter written in word 2007 to HTML so I could
maximize the # of people on my e-mail list who could actually open it. I am
not sending any pictures--just a letter. Since the saving as HTML seems to
be such a difficult process, what is the next best option? Thanks, Cheryl

"JeanAnn" wrote:

Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Cheryl is offline

I am wanting to e-mail a holiday letter written in Word 2007 to a variety of
people w a variety of computers and versions. I was told it should be saved
as a HTML document but this sounds very difficult to do. What is the next
best option? Thanks, Cheryl

"JeanAnn" wrote in message
Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to
upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the
File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your best option is PDF.

http://word.mvps.org

"JeanAnn" wrote:

Older versions of Word allowed you to save as an html format ready to
upload
to web site - new version does not or I don't see you to do it from the
File
menu! Now it saves as a MIME format??

How do I save a Word document in HTML format using Word 2002? Frank S. Microsoft Word Help 2 September 21st 07 03:22 PM
Word failing to save document changes Bunrabbit Microsoft Word Help 0 September 28th 05 09:30 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
do i save the document template or not (urgent) NP New Users 2 April 15th 05 11:47 AM
Bullet and List problem with Save As HTML Dave Microsoft Word Help 0 February 11th 05 03:35 PM