Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan[_6_] Alan[_6_] is offline

Default Word Links Do Not Finish Updating in Word 2007

I have a Word document (saved in Word 2003 format) that contains
fields linking to data in an Excel spreadsheet. When I update the
links using Word 2003, they are updated in 10-15 seconds. However,
when I use Word 2007, I lose patience after 20 minutes when it still
has not finished updating these fields. It does not respond to the
ESC key, so I have to kill both the WinWord and Excel processes from
Task Manager.

I have done much searching on the Internet about this problem and
read a lot of stuff. However, nothing they suggested worked, and
there are a lot of discrepancies in suggestions I found (e.g.,
recommending things that are not even possible in Word 2007, like
turning off DDE).

Does anyone here have a suggestion re what I should try? I've
run out of options!

Thanks in advance for your help. Alan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan[_6_] Alan[_6_] is offline