Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
a_ryan1972 a_ryan1972 is offline

Default Is the a way to print only he auto correct entries that I created.

Hi, I downloaded autocorrect.zip to create a table of auto correct entries to
print. However, I would like to creat a table consisting of the entries that
I created instead of having to delete the rows with the entries that are in
Word already.

Is there anyway of doing this? I am using Word 2007.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:09:01 -0700, a_ryan1972
wrote:

Hi, I downloaded autocorrect.zip to create a table of auto correct entries to
print. However, I would like to creat a table consisting of the entries that
I created instead of having to delete the rows with the entries that are in
Word already.

Is there anyway of doing this? I am using Word 2007.

Thank you.

No, there isn't. Once an AutoCorrect entry exists, Word doesn't have any idea of
whether it was one you created or one that came with the program.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I wish there were some way to make the distinction, though, because I'd like
to have the chance occasionally to review the entries I've created and purge
the ones that are no longer needed.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

Hi, I downloaded autocorrect.zip to create a table of auto correct entries
print. However, I would like to creat a table consisting of the entries
that
I created instead of having to delete the rows with the entries that are
in
Word already.

Is there anyway of doing this? I am using Word 2007.

Thank you.

No, there isn't. Once an AutoCorrect entry exists, Word doesn't have any
idea of
whether it was one you created or one that came with the program.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If someone took the time to install Office on a clean system -- maybe a virtual
machine -- and use the AutoCorrect template to dump the default set of entries,
it would be simple to write an additional macro that would subtract those
entries from the complete dump. Another thing for the Round Tuit list. g

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 19:26:39 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

I wish there were some way to make the distinction, though, because I'd like
to have the chance occasionally to review the entries I've created and purge
the ones that are no longer needed.

http://word.mvps.org

.. .
wrote:

Hi, I downloaded autocorrect.zip to create a table of auto correct entries
print. However, I would like to creat a table consisting of the entries
that
I created instead of having to delete the rows with the entries that are
in
Word already.

Is there anyway of doing this? I am using Word 2007.

Thank you.

No, there isn't. Once an AutoCorrect entry exists, Word doesn't have any
idea of
whether it was one you created or one that came with the program.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Great idea! Can I send you a Round Tuit?

wrote:

I wish there were some way to make the distinction, though, because I'd
like
to have the chance occasionally to review the entries I've created and
purge
the ones that are no longer needed.

http://word.mvps.org

. ..
wrote:

Hi, I downloaded autocorrect.zip to create a table of auto correct
entries
print. However, I would like to creat a table consisting of the entries
that
I created instead of having to delete the rows with the entries that are
in
Word already.

Is there anyway of doing this? I am using Word 2007.

Thank you.

No, there isn't. Once an AutoCorrect entry exists, Word doesn't have any
idea of
whether it was one you created or one that came with the program.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Well, the base ACL file does still exist, so it would be possible to create
a list of built-in plain text AutoCorrects to compare against. The built-in
formatted ones would be a little more awkward, but there are so few of them,
and they are the same for all languages, that hard coding them wouldn't be
too onerous.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

wrote:

Hi, I downloaded autocorrect.zip to create a table of auto correct
entries to
print. However, I would like to creat a table consisting of the entries
that
I created instead of having to delete the rows with the entries that are
in
Word already.

Is there anyway of doing this? I am using Word 2007.

Thank you.

No, there isn't. Once an AutoCorrect entry exists, Word doesn't have any
idea of
whether it was one you created or one that came with the program.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'd be willing to exempt the built-in formatted ones--just those Wingdings
that sort to the top, right?

http://word.mvps.org