Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lois in Alaska Lois in Alaska is offline

Default Word Merge Ignores Excel Column Titles

Im merging from an Excel document into Word. It is ignoring the column
titles in row 1, and taking the data in line 2 as column titles. How do I
get it to use row 1 column titles? Could it be because the excel document
was originally a 2003 document? (I HAVE saved it as 2007, however) Thanks,
lois
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins Doug Robbins is offline

Do you have a Range Name applied to a range of cells in the Excel
spreadsheet that starts with the second row?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.