Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mymxboyz mymxboyz is offline

Default I own a works suite 2006 why can't I put it in 2 different compute

My old computer crashed yesterday..so after I installed it in my new computer
I get a message from you that I already have it installed in a different
computer that is true...but if I own it and have registered it why can't I
put in on my new computer as well..?
thank you for any help that you give.
Deb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You probably have to contact Microsoft by phone in order to activate Office on
your new computer.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mymxboyz" wrote in message
My old computer crashed yesterday..so after I installed it in my new computer
I get a message from you that I already have it installed in a different
computer that is true...but if I own it and have registered it why can't I
put in on my new computer as well..?
thank you for any help that you give.
Deb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I realize you were asking about Works rather than Office or Word, but the same
principle applies. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mymxboyz" wrote in message
My old computer crashed yesterday..so after I installed it in my new computer
I get a message from you that I already have it installed in a different
computer that is true...but if I own it and have registered it why can't I
put in on my new computer as well..?
thank you for any help that you give.
Deb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Did it come preinstalled on your old computer?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mymxboyz" wrote in message
My old computer crashed yesterday..so after I installed it in my new
computer
I get a message from you that I already have it installed in a different
computer that is true...but if I own it and have registered it why can't I
put in on my new computer as well..?
thank you for any help that you give.
Deb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the application was pre-installed and supplied with a PC, then it is
likely that it is an OEM version licensed for use only on that one PC. If
you paid separately and have the disc, there may still be a licensing issue
that is preventing you from installing the Word part of the suite (I think
the Works part may install without the requirement to activate). In the
latter circumstances, you can, as Stephan indicated, activate by telephone
when you can explain to the operator that you are moving it to another PC.