Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Abhishek Dadu Abhishek Dadu is offline

Default Error: Mail merge not completed....doesnot contain mail merge fiel

Hello,

I am getting the following error while creating - Directory mail merge main
document - in Word 2007: "Mail merge cannot be completed as becasue the
document does not contain mail merge fields"

I have used a 2 column "Directory Source.xls" as my data source and also
created a 2x1 table in the Word document with merge field "email" in the
first (left) cell of the table & "file" in the second (right) cell of the
table.

Error popping up when merging "To new document..." and confirming you want
all records to be merged.

Thanks, Abhishek.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you are getting that message, then what you think are mail merge
fields are probably not mail merge fields!

Try entering them like this:
a. Delete whatever is in cell 1 of your table.
b. Put the insertion point in cell 1.
c. press ctrl-F9 to enter a pair of the special field code braces {}
(you cannot just type these on the keyboard)
d. put the insertion point between the {}
e. type MERGEFIELD email

so you end up with
{ MERGEFIELD email }

f. do the same in cell 2 except use the name "file" instead of "email"

Then try the directory merge again.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Abhishek Dadu wrote:
Hello,

I am getting the following error while creating - Directory mail merge main
document - in Word 2007: "Mail merge cannot be completed as becasue the
document does not contain mail merge fields"

I have used a 2 column "Directory Source.xls" as my data source and also
created a 2x1 table in the Word document with merge field "email" in the
first (left) cell of the table & "file" in the second (right) cell of the
table.

Error popping up when merging "To new document..." and confirming you want
all records to be merged.

Thanks, Abhishek.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Or insert the fields from the mailings ribbon Insert Mergefield
See http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

Abhishek Dadu wrote:
Hello,

I am getting the following error while creating - Directory mail
merge main document - in Word 2007: "Mail merge cannot be completed
as becasue the document does not contain mail merge fields"

I have used a 2 column "Directory Source.xls" as my data source and
also created a 2x1 table in the Word document with merge field
"email" in the first (left) cell of the table & "file" in the second
(right) cell of the table.

Error popping up when merging "To new document..." and confirming
you want all records to be merged.

Thanks, Abhishek.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Abhishek Dadu[_2_] Abhishek Dadu[_2_] is offline

Default Error: Mail merge not completed....doesnot contain mail merge

Dear Peter,

Wishes for a Happy New Year 2009.

Thanks, your help did solve me problem.

Best Regards, Abhishek.