AhAh AhAh is offline
Junior Member

Question Odd size pages in middle of document

My document is 400 pages with custom margins. I can scroll through the document and see that the content (type and images) is aligned, but have noted three issues. Firstly, there are two images with visible borders (out of a total of 50) which when saved to a pdf or printed as a word doc, do not produce the left hand border line. Secondly, these two images are on pages which appear to be slightly wider and less deep than all of the other pages. Thirdly, there are three other pages (with type only) which are also wider and less deep than the other pages.

I have rechecked the custom margins, looked at page breaks and checked the formatting symbols, but cannot find a reason for these odd shaped pages (which are an issue in terms of printing, as the content on these pages appears misaligned to the other 395 pages once printed).

Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Odd size pages in middle of document

When an image is partly printed, make sure it isn't positioned so far into
the margin that it has ended up in the nonprinting area of the page.

To find out the nonprinting area of the default printer, do the following:
Create a new, blank Word document. Set all margins to zero; Word will offer
to fix the margins for you. The values that you get represent the smallest
possible margins supported by the printer.

For Word to change the paper format in the middle of a document, section
breaks are required. Look for such breaks in the document, which is best
done in Draft view (Normal view if you using Word 2003 or older).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP