PurpleFeather PurpleFeather is offline
Junior Member

Default HELP ME! Page Numbers and Formatting.

Hi there

I am putting the final touches to a novel that I have written and am becoming more and more frustrated with Word!

I have added page numbers and set the page to book fold. Each page seems to have a different height for the footer (I have set them all at 1cm but it still changes them) and therefore, on one page the text goes right to the page number (which is what I want) and other times, it goes to the next page leaving about 6 lines empty.

It is so frustrating. I may not be making myself very clear but if anyone can help me to stop the text jumping to the next page, this would be much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the paragraph style, you need to uncheck "keep lines together." Uncheck "keep
with next paragraph." Even uncheck "widow and orphan control."

If somehow you're not using paragraph styles, then select the entire text and uncheck all those things in the Format Pargraph panel.