Merge from Excel Spread sheet to Word-- MULTIPLE ROWS per Word doc

Old September 14th 07, 04:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Megan Rytting

Default Merge from Excel Spread sheet to Word-- MULTIPLE ROWS per Word doc

I need to create a report in Word from a database of information that I have
created in Excel. However, there are several rows of information in excel on
each client. My question is- how do I merge all the information for one
client onto ONE word document. Right now, when I merge, it tries to have a
separate report for each row of information. Any ideas? Please???
Old September 14th 07, 11:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Sounds like you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the
ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.