Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
D.Smith D.Smith is offline

Default Change all links in a Word doc to same source

I'm using Microsoft Word 2003. I write reports and rely heavily on inserting
linked objects from Excel. Is there a way to change the source of all links
to the same file in one step? Currently, I've been going to Editlinks and
then highlighting all links and choosing the option "change source." This
works, but Word forces me to choose the source for each link one at a time. I
have a TON of links & this is very cumbersome. Is there a quicker way? Thanks
in advance for any help you can give.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OhioTech OhioTech is offline

Have you considered usage of VBA? (Visual Basic for Applications)
I'm not familiar with the EditLinks, but I've used VBA in both Excel and
Word in prior versions to do repetitive tasks.

"D.Smith" wrote:

I'm using Microsoft Word 2003. I write reports and rely heavily on inserting
linked objects from Excel. Is there a way to change the source of all links
to the same file in one step? Currently, I've been going to Editlinks and
then highlighting all links and choosing the option "change source." This
works, but Word forces me to choose the source for each link one at a time. I
have a TON of links & this is very cumbersome. Is there a quicker way? Thanks
in advance for any help you can give.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
D.Smith D.Smith is offline

I think that may be above my head! I'll read up on it and see what I can
figure out, though. Thanks for the suggestion!

"D.Smith" wrote:

I'm using Microsoft Word 2003. I write reports and rely heavily on inserting
linked objects from Excel. Is there a way to change the source of all links
to the same file in one step? Currently, I've been going to Editlinks and
then highlighting all links and choosing the option "change source." This
works, but Word forces me to choose the source for each link one at a time. I
have a TON of links & this is very cumbersome. Is there a quicker way? Thanks
in advance for any help you can give.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi D.Smith,

You might find my 'Field Link Updater' will do want you want. It's available at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=261488

Cheers
--
macropod