Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Benjamino5 Benjamino5 is offline

Default Paragraph space after is sometimes defined in lines, not points--w

When choosing Format--Paragraphs in order to adjust the space after a
paragraph, I've been surprised that certain paragraphs in my documents list
the space after in lines, not in points.

So while most paragraphs will have "6 pts" in the box (for example), a few
say "1.2 line." This is all happening in the same document.

I need to be able to control the space after these paragraphs in points.
Short of typing in VBA code into the Immediate window of the VBA editor, what
can I do? Why is this happening?

I'm using Word XP (aka 2002), SP3, if that's helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can change the unit of measurement by typing it in the Spacing
Before or After boxes. For example, to enter 6 points, just type "6
pt" and press Enter. You'd better change the relevant paragraph
style(s) directly; that way, the modification will definitely be
retained.

The "line" setting is language-specific (probably for one or more
Asian languages). It is used to set the spacing before or after in
terms of gridlines (in VBA, there are corresponding properties called
LineUnitBefore and LineUnitAfter).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Benjamino5" wrote in message
When choosing Format--Paragraphs in order to adjust the space after

paragraph, I've been surprised that certain paragraphs in my

documents list
the space after in lines, not in points.

So while most paragraphs will have "6 pts" in the box (for example),

a few
say "1.2 line." This is all happening in the same document.

I need to be able to control the space after these paragraphs in

points.
Short of typing in VBA code into the Immediate window of the VBA

editor, what
can I do? Why is this happening?

I'm using Word XP (aka 2002), SP3, if that's helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Clarification: Note that if you change style(s), you may have to
select the text and press Ctrl+Q to remove any remaining direct
paragraph formatting.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Benjamino5 Benjamino5 is offline

Default Paragraph space after is sometimes defined in lines, not point

Stefan,

Many thanks!

Ben
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome, and thank you for the feedback.